Historische Wassermühle, Schweich
D-54338  Schweich

.
Molitors' Mill historical water-mill
Completely preserved historical water-mill. Comletely preserved mechanics
Wetenschap en techniek museum
.
Erleben Sie Mühlentechnik auf vier Etagen in einer vollständig erhaltenen Wassermühle. Die Molitorsmühle wurde 1994 zum Kulturdenkmal ernannt und befindet sich im Privatbesitz der Geschwister Branz. Das Mühlengebäude stammt im Kern von 1824, die vollständig erhaltene Mühlentechnik von etwa 1900. Während der Öffnungszeiten finden ständig Führungen mit Inbetriebnahme der Mühle statt.
.

.

Die Geschichte der Molitorsmühle: Erbaut wurde die Mühle 1824 von dem Rotgerber Christoph Denhard und dem Wappenschmied Nikolaus Scholzen als Loh-, Öl- und Schleifmühle im Distrikt Deiersbaum am "Brühlgäßchen" - also am Föhrenbach. Am 7. Juni 1830 ging sie in Familienbesitz über, nämlich an Johann Molitor (1791-1870), der von der Büchelsmühle nach Schweich kam.
.


Öffnungszeiten: Von Ostern bis Ende Oktober, samstags, sonn- und feiertags von 14 bis 17 Uhr. In den Schulferien von Rheinland-Pfalz sind zusätzlich montags und freitags 18.00 Führungen.


In this completely preserved historic water-mill you can see the functioning of the nearly hundred year-old mechanics that stretch over four storeys. The mill building was erected in its main parts in 1834, the mechanics that are completely preserved stem from around 1900. In 1994 the mill was recognised as element of our "cultural heritage" and was given the title of "technical monument". It is the private property of the brothers and sisters Branz. During the opening hours guided tours take place continuously which include the putting into operation of the mill.
.

Visit us when we celebrate our annual "Mill's Day". Every year on the second Sunday after whitsun, beginning at 11.00 a.m.! (Rustic food, children's games and many other attractions)
Molitor's Mill is situated in Schweich on the river Mosel, a few kilometers downstream from Trier. The mill lies next to the brook "Föhrenbach" outside the town in the direction of Hetzerath, Salmtal and Wittlich.

Opening hours:
From Easter to the end of October on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 2 to 5 p.m.,
or by special appointment:



Molotorsmühle Schweich
D-54338  Schweich

Telephone No. ++49/(0)6502/2253
or ++49/(0)6502/1336
or ++49/(0)6502/4310
or www.molitorsmuehle.de
 
ZURUCK
NACH OBEN
contentmap_plugin
contentmap_module